Hey everyone! Today’s post is a list about what I tend to do when I’m not on social media at all that day or on it very little. It’s good for everyone to have a few days off from looking at a computer screen all day, so here’s some of the things I do when I’m having those days.
- Have a long, warm, bubble bath, Get out all your bath bombs, face masks, bath salts and run yourself a nice bath, stick on a Spotify playlist you love or listen to an Audio book/read a book and have a little pamper!
- Bake something. Baking is so relaxing for me, I either get out a little notebook and write down a recipe I found online or I’ll use a cookbook. The best bit about this is you have treats to eat for the whole day!
- Go for a walk. Fresh air is good for you, shock. And while you’ve been sitting staring at your computer screen, cooped up inside, you’ve missed out on Mother Nature’s benefits! So get out! It’ll help you clear your head and exercise will make you feel happier.
- Spend time with animals. As you all know, I have a dog and guinea pig, so I spend time cuddling with them or petting them, but if you don’t have an animal, find either a family member or friend who maybe needs help walking their dog, or cleaning out their rabbit’s hutch, or something!
- Find a new Netflix series to watch/a TV show. If you fancy a PJ day, cuddled up in a big, cozy, blanket, on the sofa, then this one’s the one for you! You can put all your social media on mute and get yourself lost in a show.
These are just some of the suggestions I have and use most of the days I social media detox, have you got any other suggestions that I could maybe use next time? Or ones you do and I’ve missed out? Let me know in the comments,
Thank you for reading,