Hey everyone! Today is Easter, so I thought I’d do a post about making chocolate Easter nests!
What you will need:
- 200g of milk chocolate
- 85g of shredded wheat, cornflakes, or cereal of your choice.
- Mini chocolate eggs
- 2 Bowls
- A baking tin with cupcake/muffin places
- Cupcake cases
What to do:
- The first thing you need to do, after washing your hands, is to measure out the chocolate and cereal. (My amounts are guidelines and make up to 12 nests)
- Next, you can either put the chocolate into the microwave to melt it or put it on the stove, I tend to use the microwave as that’s easier for me. If you also use the microwave, I suggest putting it in for a minute at a time and stirring it after every minute. It should be smooth with no chocolate lumps when it is done.
- Next, shred your cereal. In other words, pull the cereal apart (unless you’re using rice krispies or cornflakes or anything like that) and put that into the bigger bowl.
- Then, add the chocolate. Fold the chocolate and cereal together to make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate.
- Next, get out your tin and cupcake cases. Put the cupcake cases on the tin and then fill them evenly with the nest mixture.
- Either put them in the firdge/freezer for a few hours, until they go hard or you could eat them now.
- Use the mini eggs as decoration, they’re the eggs to your nest.
and that’s pretty much it! Enjoy! Happy Easter!
Thanks for reading,